Packmobile Automated Guided Vehicles
Packmobiles are flexible and affordable automated guided vehicles for transport and delivery for blood specimens, prescription optics, packages, boxes, and parts. As Packmobile AGVs can be installed faster, modified easier, and operated at lower cost, they provide an excellent alternative to conveyor systems.
Optional carrier racks can accommodate virtually any payload. Trailers can be added to extend capacity.
- Processing centers
- Medical labs
- Check processing centers
- Clean rooms
- Electronics assembly areas
- Other locations where light duty transport is needed
- Optical manufacturing facilities
- Film and disc processing
- Small parts distribution
- Pick-to-light operations
- Production samples
The Packmobile AGV produces visual and audible warnings to alert a person that it is about to arrive at their location. This is extremely useful when it is not practical or possible to stop the AGV within sight or earshot of a user.
The Packmobile will not operate when it is off the Guidepath, except under manual operation, ensuring safety for both people and equipment.
Why Choose Packmobile?
- Proven Guidepath technology can be installed and changed overnight
- Wide variety of payloads can be accommodated on wire-rack shelves
- Standard batteries and charging system require no special accommodation
- Optical Guidepath navigation
- Aluminum construction with durable powder-coat finish
- Carries 1,000 lbs. capacity on level surfaces, tows 1,800 lbs., total combined payload 2,800 lbs. UL tested
- Equipped with standard non-contact and contact obstacle detection
- Speed: 100 feet per minute
- Run time: 10 hours at full charge over level surface
- Charging: Plugs into any 115 volt, 60 HZ, 15 amp outlet
The invisible fluorescent Guidepath is applied over existing surfaces. The Guidepath is stimulated by ultraviolet light and tracked by photoelectric sensors. The Packmobile will not operate when it is off the Guidepath, except under manual operation, ensuring safety for both people and equipment.
The Packmobile received the INNOVA Award for helping Bell & Howell improve their internal mail delivery technology. Bell & Howell has been a long-time provider of 24/7 nation-wide service for the Packmobile AGV.
“The most interesting option allows the vehicle to automatically transfer from floor to floor in a building using an existing elevator,” said Mike De Waard, vice president, Bell & Howell. “Other options have been developed to indicate the arrival of the vehicle to someone who can not directly see or hear the vehicle.”